Sunday, November 02, 2008

Well, I'll be...

Back in this post, I wrote:

I remember seeing [Martha Ulaeto] on TV singing "Everlasting" and "Ije Lovu" surrounded by a bunch of dancing kids, looking like a sexy music teacher. I begged my mom to buy me a music magazine that had an article about her in it (I can't remember what the magazine was called but I do recall that the cover of that particular issue featured Eddy Grant wearing an uncomfortably tight pair of football shorts).*

Today, our friend Zim sent me this:


Me and my mates used to devour Africa Music whenever it came out, trading issues and reading them over and over until they disintegrated into pulp. Most of the material I write on this blog is based almost completely on my memories of stuff I read in this magazine when I was eight, nine, ten.

Re-reading them now, I'm actually kind of impressed with myself for how well I've remembered it all. (Even though I could not for some reason remember the name of the magazine.)

Thanks, Zim!



*It seems that Eddie's shorts aren't quite as tight as I remember them being, but you can still pretty much see his junk.**

**Come to think of it, why did that particular detail even persist in my memory? >sigh<

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have any Sally Nyolo?
I was recently turned on to her by a song from the 2007 release......
Is this even up your alley?

Comb & Razor said...

i believe i have some Sally Nyolo... probably not the more recent ones, though.

zim said...

hah! as I was scanning that I thought to muyself - do I really need to scan this one? I mean who needs a picture of Eddie Grant's Junk, but since it was the cover. . .

Comb & Razor said...

LOL