Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sorry I haven't posted an update in a while, fam

We're really getting into gut-check time (as my old drill sergeant used to say) and I haven't even had a chance to check my email in almost a week.

I just managed to escape from our overcrowded production office/bedroom for a few minutes and I bet Denis is wondering where the hell I am right now.

What really sucks is that I've been so caught up in this "production" stuff - finding locations, hiring and negotiating with cast and crew, trying to find equipment after the dipshit rental house decides to stiff us 5 days before we start shooting (oh, I'm preparing some special diss tracks for Cinekraft... believe that) - that I haven't really concentrated on the writer/director side of my brain in what feels like a long, long time. I don't think "creative" thoughts much anymore... All I think about is numbers and columns and schedules and all that.

Maybe I should concentrate on being a cartoonist where I can just control everything with a flick of my pen.

Anyway, I'll try to post some summaries of what's being going on the past week and a half or so... Once things settle down a little bit.

We start shooting in two days. Pray for us.

I gotta get back to the office.

2 comments:

lauren alyse belle said...

best of luck with filming!

fjhr said...

Yo, you guys still alive?
Give a paragraph, a sentence, something.
Hope all is going well with the filming.